Difference Between LED Displays and LCD Monitors
LED refers to Light Emitting Diode (light-emitting diode), and the LED we are talking about refers to a liquid crystal display that uses light-emitting diodes as light sources.
LCD refers to Liquid Crystal Display (liquid crystal display), which uses CCFL (cold cathode fluorescent lamp) as the light source. They use different backlight sources.
Compared with LCDs that use LEDs as backlight sources, compared with LCDs that use CCFLs (cold cathode fluorescent lamps) as light sources, the biggest advantages are mainly reflected in the following three aspects:
1. The thickness of LCD with LED backlight will be further reduced.
The thickness of the LED screen notebook panel is about 1/2 of the thickness of the ordinary CCFL screen.
2. It has a longer lifespan, lower power consumption, and is more environmentally friendly.
The LED has a service life of up to 100,000 hours, even if it is used continuously for 10 hours a day, it can be used continuously for 27 years. After using the LED backlight system, the energy consumption can be greatly reduced, which is 48% less than the commonly used CCFL type LCD screen. Moreover, LEDs do not use mercury, an element harmful to the environment, which is quite environmentally friendly, while CCFLs contain mercury.
3. The color expression of LED backlight screen is far better than CCFL.
Due to problems such as color purity, the original CCFL backlight does not perform well in color gradation, resulting in LCD being inferior to CRT in terms of grayscale and color transition. According to the test, the use of CCFL backlight can only achieve 78% of the NTSC color area, while the LED backlight can easily obtain % of the NTSC color area. In terms of color expression and color gradation transition, LED backlight also has significant advantages.
- How to choose a suitable HD LED display company?
- The impact of LED displays on Premier League football stadiums
- What should you pay attention to when installing a small-pitch LED display?
- The Impact of HD LED Displays in Television Broadcasting
- The Impact of Sports Stadium LED Displays in the NBA Experience