LED display the difference between static and scanning
The static and dynamic scanning of the LED display correspond to each other. Generally speaking, the real-pixel LED display refers to each of the red, green and blue light-emitting tubes that make up the display. to get enough brightness.
1. The difference between static and scanning led display:
(1) When the LED display screen displays text, images and videos, if the lights on the LED display screen light up at the same time, it means that the display screen is a static screen. If the lights on the LED display are like scanning, they use the characteristics of human visual persistence to light up each row of the LED display in a short period of time, which means that the screen is a scanning screen.
(2) Since the LED display is driven by the duty cycle, the brightness of the LED display has a great relationship with the lighting time period. Therefore, outdoor display screens are generally static screens, and indoor display screens are mostly scanning screens. However, many outdoor LED display screens now also have scanning screens. This is because after the LED material technology matures, the brightness of the LED light-emitting tube is already bright enough, and people use outdoor scanning screens in order to save costs. However, the outdoor scanning screen has high requirements on the control and driving part, and also has certain requirements on the driving chip.
2, the difference between the static and scanning drive of the led display:
(1) Static display drive: static drive is also called DC drive. Static drive means that each segment code of each digital tube is driven by an I/O port of a single-chip microcomputer. The advantages of static drive are high display brightness and simple programming, but the disadvantage is that it occupies more I/O ports. Therefore, it is necessary to add a *driver for driving in practical applications, which increases the complexity of the hardware circuit.
(2) Dynamic display drive: The dynamic display interface of the digital tube is one of the most widely used display methods in single-chip microcomputers. The dynamic drive is to display all the 8 strokes of the digital tube “a, b, c, d, e, f, g,dp “The ends of the same name are connected together, and a bit strobe control circuit is added to the common pole COM of each nixie tube. The bit strobe is controlled by an independent I/O line. When the single-chip computer outputs the font code, All the digital tubes receive the same font code, but which digital tube will display the font depends on the control of the single-chip microcomputer to the bit strobe COM terminal circuit, so we only need to open the gate control of the digital tube that needs to be displayed , the bit will display the font, and the nixie tube without strobe will not be bright.