LED display lightning protection measures
There are many thunderstorms in summer, and bad weather is also a test for the LED display. The electronic components in the LED display are highly integrated, and their sensitivity to anti-interference is also getting higher and higher. Lightning can harm the display in various ways, such as being When hit, the lightning current will cause mechanical, electrical and thermal damage, which will cause serious damage to the LED display. even cause a fire. Therefore, lightning protection of the LED display is essential.
Lightning protection measures for LED display:
1. For the protection of direct lightning strikes, install lightning rods on the support structure of the LED display (outdoor). Indoor LED displays or LED displays with tall buildings next to them do not need to consider installing lightning rods.
2. In response to the counterattack of the steel structure, connect the rigid structure to the shell of the ED display screen, do the equipotentiality, and do the grounding. The grounding resistance is generally required to be less than 10 ohms. If the resistance does not meet the requirements, it must be done. Additional artificial grounding grid. The lightning arrester should also be grounded.
3. For the lightning current induced on the power line, install a single-phase or three-phase power lightning protection device on the power line. The cross-sectional area of the link line of the phase line should not be less than 10mm square, and the cross-sectional area of the ground wire should not be less than 16mm square.
4. For the lightning current induced on the signal line, install a signal lightning protection device on the signal line. The signal arrester depends on the signal interface of the system. If it is a network cable, install the network signal arrester, and install the DB9 interface arrester for the serial interface. The cross-sectional area of the ground wire should not be less than 1.5mm square.
Finally, some suggestions on how to use the LED display screen reasonably in harsh conditions:
1. Regularly check the firmness of the joints. If there is any looseness, pay attention to timely adjustment, re-reinforcement or re-hoisting.
2. According to the environment of the LED display, to avoid insect bites, put rodenticide if necessary.
3. When installing the LED display, avoid looking directly at the ultraviolet rays and avoid direct sunlight for a long time.
4. The grounding socket must be installed correctly to avoid the wrong connection of zero and live wires. If you lose frequent power outages, double-check the power source.
Due to its excellent communication function, the LED display screen is used by the majority of merchants. I would like to remind all merchants that during the high thunderstorm period, please use the LED display screen reasonably. Avoiding fire is the biggest savings.