LED screen: Advantages of LED backlight technology
Ten leading advantages of LED backlight technology
1. LED backlight has better color gamut. Its color expressiveness is stronger than that of CCFL backlight, which can make up for the insufficient number of colors displayed by liquid crystal technology, and the color reproduction effect is better.
2. The service life of the LED display can be up to 100,000 hours. Even if it is used continuously for 10 hours a day, it can be used continuously for 27 years, which greatly prolongs the service life of the LCD TV and obtains the overwhelming advantages of plasma technology.
3, Brightness adjustment range is large. Achieving LED power control is easy, unlike CCFLs where there is a threshold for minimum brightness. Therefore, it is easy for users to adjust the brightness of the display device to the most pleasing state, no matter in bright outdoor or completely dark indoor.
4. Perfect moving images. The flickering frequency of traditional CCFL lamps is low, and the performance of dynamic scenes may cause screen jumps. The LED backlight can flexibly adjust the light-emitting frequency, and the frequency is much higher than that of CCFL, so it can perfectly present moving pictures.
5. Real-time color management. Since the three colors of red, green and blue emit light independently, it is easy to precisely control the current display color characteristics.
6. The backlight white balance can be adjusted while ensuring the overall contrast ratio. White balance can be easily adjusted between 9600K and 6500K without sacrificing brightness and contrast as users’ video sources switch between computer and DVD players.
7. It can provide continuous area light source for large-size LED screen. LED is a flat light source. The most basic light-emitting unit is a square package with a side length of 3~5mm. It is very easy to combine together to form a surface light source of a given area. It has good brightness uniformity. If it is used as a backlight for LCD TVs source, the required auxiliary optical components can be made very simple, and the screen brightness uniformity is better.
8. Safety. The LED uses a low-voltage power supply of 5~24V, which is very safe, and the design of the power supply module is quite simple.
9. Environmental protection. The LED light source does not produce any rays, nor does it contain toxic substances such as mercury, which can be described as a green light source.
10. Earthquake resistance. The flat structure allows the LED display to have a stable internal structure and excellent shock resistance.